Assistant Production Manager
The OBIE Award-winning Pig Iron Theatre Company seeks an Assistant Production Manager to assist the Production and Facilities Office. Entering its 24th season, Pig Iron focuses on ensemble devised performance and has partnered with University of the Arts to offer an MFA degree/certificate in devised performance.
The responsibilities for this position include:
- Assisting in the day-to-day operations of the Production and Facilities Department.
- Facilitating the production needs for all student showings.
- Assisting the Production and Facilities Manager with staffing productions, acquiring show materials, communicating with venues and presenters, maintaining calendars, budgeting and expense tracking.
- Company management details including artist travel and housing accommodations.
- Maintaining inventories of costume, prop, and production studio storage spaces.
- Maintaining the facilities with small repairs and communicating larger repair needs to building landlord.
- Attending all creative meetings, production meetings and open runs.
- Attending occasional Pig Iron performances as the company representative.
Candidates should have a diverse theatrical background with experience in various departments of production and stage management. Also, candidates should be highly organized and have a strong attention to detail. Additional requirements include: two to three years’ work experience in theater production, excellent written and oral communication skills, strong computer skills (including MS Office Suite) and the ability to work well as part of a small team. Bachelors’ degree in a related field preferred. Valid driver’s license required.
The Assistant Production Manager reports to the Production and Facilities Manager and is a full-time salaried position (low 30s) with benefits, including health and dental. This position requires night and weekend hours. Flexible start date, ideally end of September.
Pig Iron is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all candidates to apply. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com detailing your interest and qualifications.
Pig Iron is always in search of volunteers for administrative and production tasks. If you would like to learn more about the opportunities available with Pig Iron, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.